“Writing is a miserable, awful business. Stay with it. It’s better than anything in the world.” – Ann Patchett.
Submissions are currently closed.
We welcome writers from diverse backgrounds, from Australia and abroad. We want to showcase the work of a variety of voices and publish work which is unpublished and original.
We accept : flash-fiction, short stories, interviews with creative figures, personal reflections on writing, novel extracts and creative non-fiction.
-Flash-fiction should be up to 500 words.
– Short stories, creative non-fiction and novel extracts should be 2,000 words max. Novels should be unpublished.
– Word limits are flexible for interviews.
All pieces should be double-spaced, written in Times New Roman, size 12.
– Pieces should be submitted in Word of PDF files.
– Please attach a 50 word biography at the end of the piece, with appropriate links to social media or websites and a headshot.
– Writers retain copyright of their work.
-Email your submissions with your name and submission type in the subject line (Jane Austen, Short Story) to: email@example.com